What about the pets?
20 - 11 - 2018
| Joshua Peters
Your pets, whether feathered, furry or reptilian are sensitive to their environment. They will pick up on the emotion and stress which surrounds the breakdown of your relationship, just as your children do.
- If you suspect your pet is not its usual self please take him/her to their Vet.
- Any threat and/or act, to harm and/or kill a pet is an act of Domestic Violence.
- If your pet is intentionally harmed or killed contact the Police, your Vet or the Animal Ambulance on 0400 484 484.
- If you do suspect you pet may be harmed, physically or by neglect. It would be prudent to relocate it with friends or family. Alternatively, you may be able to board your pet at a kennel until such time as you can be reunited, or in the most dire situations you may have to surrender your mate to the Animal Welfare League (AWL) for adoption.
- Remember to check with any rental arrangements to see whether pets are allowed.
- Talk to us about how you can both spend time with your mate if you are equally attached to your pet.